Local Talk

Fun Baby Classes/Activities in Greenwich area?

(11 Posts)
PetitPois123 Wed 09-Jun-10 14:17:00

Hi everyone,

I'm after some advice on any fun and friendly baby classes or mum & baby groups in the Greenwich/SE London area.

My DS is coming up to 7 months old. We've attended a few classes already, but am looking to introduce a few more as he's becoming more and more active, and it would be great for him to spend more time with other babies too.

Any recommendations?

Thanks ever so much!

theblonde2000 Tue 22-Jun-10 12:53:23

Hi there, I'm working on a business plan to bring mobile soft play areas and library events to Blackheath and Greenwich, the idea being that Mums, Dads and carers could meet and have a chat and a coffee whilst the kids are entertained.

Can I ask you a few questions about what you would like to see in the area?

srseales Wed 23-Jun-10 00:48:19

Hi PetitPois123,

There are loads of activities around Greenwich. Lots of play groups at St Marks (West Greenwich), soft play at the Arches everyday, Boppin' bunnies at St Marks most days of the week, Monkey Music at the West Greenwich Community Centre, etc. You can check out the NCT as they plan activities from time to time and there is a new group on Facebook called Greenwich Mums which has just started doing some social gatherings. I hope this helps.

Jamosie Thu 24-Jun-10 18:09:28

brookhill children's centre is really good, has a creche you can go into for free. the staff are friendly and they have coffee mornings too.

and every tuesday little rascals is free at the waterfront leisure centre.

the blonde2000... more soft play areas. that would be good.

PetitPois123 Fri 02-Jul-10 11:20:31

Hi all

Thank you so much for the great tips - I will definitely check these out! (So sorry for not getting back sooner - unfortunately had a few computer problems last week and then ill this week so this is the first opportunity I've had to log on!).

The blonde2000 - happy to answer any questions you may have. Mobile soft play areas and events do sound like a great idea. DS loves seeing other babies and for him to be able to play with other little ones whilst parents/carers can also meet up would be really good. If there are also activities then even better! Anything to do with music, singing (and lots of noise!) is always a winner!

suebabyplay Wed 08-Jun-11 01:57:32

On 13th June 2011 I am starting Baby Interactive Play classes at the Forum@ Greenwich, Family Room, Trafalgar Road, Greenwich, SE10 9EQ from 10-11 am.

FREE Taster session.

The classes are for babies form birth to one year and are carried out by a qualified Play Therapist.

The classes are a mixture of exploration of the senses and lots of fun play ideas, gentle yoga stretches and massage, action songs, signing and a time to chat and make new friends.

For more information viit www.babyinteractiveplay.co.uk or call Sue on 07935434734

DaniCo Fri 29-Jul-11 23:29:54

Try www.yumiyoga.co.uk and www.yogalounge.org for fabulous yoga classes in Greenwich.
Pregnancy Yoga, Mum and Baby Yoga and Baby Yoga.

lindsell Fri 29-Jul-11 23:34:44

Boppin bunnies is great, I took my Ds from c6mths to c2yrs and he loved it, nice mums as well. They do free taster sessions and also have drop in sessions over the summer.

lizgow Sun 31-Jul-11 19:01:52

I would recommend Yumi Yoga, Claire runs mother and baby and baby classes and has some new classes coming soon http://www.yumiyoga.co.uk/
great way to meet new mums too.

Alexeco Tue 23-Aug-11 13:39:33

Hello,

Do anyone know how to find one of those indoor soft play areas in Greenwich, Charlton, Blackheath ish areas. I want to take my 2 year old niece on this wet and miserable day and we have not ever been to one! Or are they totally hellish and should be avoided!?! Any top tips for a ridiculously doting Aunty!

Thanks!

lizgow Mon 26-Sep-11 20:25:49

The arches in east greenwich has indoor soft play, you have to ring for times though as not on their website.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now