Local Talk

Replica double glazing

(3 Posts)
TravelHappy Thu 30-Aug-12 17:18:24

Hello. We've just purchased a home in Guildford which has the original 1920's steel windows. They are in quite bad condition but I have been told that they can be refurbished so that they close and draft sealing will also help. I like the character of them in the house but I also think I should consider getting replacement double glazed ones or the place will be impossible to heat. Has anyone refurbished these style of windows or replaced them? Do you have any good/bad experiences of local companies? There would be 12 to replace altogether. I understand that for PVC (not an option) it would cost about £400-£600 per window. Any idea of the prices I'd be looking at for "heritage" style windows? Big companies have made searching the internet for sample prices almost impossible ensuring all google searchs come up with their sites. Any advice and help would be appreciated.

Jody77 Wed 14-Nov-12 17:04:09

Try windows plus supercentre, they are a good local company that work in the area. Have a look a checkatrade or the website www.upvcnow.com
Or call them on 0208 570 0999

Ruby2kids Tue 20-Nov-12 13:47:14

I imagine you've got those windows by now, but if not, try Sherbourne windows, based in North Camp.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now