Local Talk

Rydes Hill

(5 Posts)
Ughfootballseason Sat 29-Sep-12 21:30:32

Does anyone know this school at all? We're looking for people's opinions on it as we're trying to decide whether it's worth the money!

We've visited and DH has fallen in love. Would you pick it over the more academic schools? I'm after a nurturing environment first and foremost. Other option is an excellent state infant school.

Many thanks.

Issy Mon 01-Oct-12 11:48:39

I've got two daughters, one has now gone on to senior school, the other is still at the school. Happy to reply to you personally if you send me a message.

greenlakes2005 Fri 12-Oct-12 15:28:31

Hi

There was a question on mumsnet about Rydes Hill and this is our situation as well:

"Does anyone know this school at all? We're looking for people's opinions on it as we're trying to decide whether it's worth the money!

We've visited and DH has fallen in love. Would you pick it over the more academic schools? I'm after a nurturing environment first and foremost. Other option is an excellent state infant school. "

You kindle offered to write to you direct. Can we get some first hand advice from you. We have 2 daughters and the eldest 3 year old is joining the nursery. We have
very strained budget and we want to know for sure if it is worth money to go this way or our local nursery and good state school (burpam primary) will do instead.

I am personally concerned with the fact that they are taking too many boys now as we wanted to get into old-fashioned English school for girls. I am not racist but I would also prefer my daughter to be amongst English girls...

Any info would be appreciated.

Best regards
Tanya

mummytime Sat 13-Oct-12 07:44:52

If you can get your kids into Buham primary and your finances are stretched then I would go for the state option. You have the choice of fabulous state schools on your doorstep for free. If it all goes pear shaped you could transfer to Rydes Hill later.
The cross Guildford traffic from Burpham to Rydes Hill would make up my mind to try the state option first, if nothing else.

25mummy25 Tue 23-Oct-12 12:05:58

Hi there we are looking at the school for our eldest daughter who is due to start reception in Sep. Any advice would hugely appreciated. We've just moved to the area so it would be great to hear of it's general reputation and any first hand knowledge. I too am after a nurturing school for our daughter. Many thanks in advance!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now