Local Talk

Normandy Guildford

(5 Posts)
georgieJefferis Sun 14-Oct-12 21:07:04

Hi - we are looking to relocate to Normandy from SW London and I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the area? Is it good for mum's - is there a good toddler network? It seems very quiet and I concerned there is no centre to the area .. should I be worried?
Any thoughts gratefully received .. thanks

Notnigella33 Mon 15-Oct-12 22:41:48

Hi georgie. It's not an area I know hugely well...my impression pf Normandy has always been that it is quite a mixed area with some lovely houses and some more mixed areas. It is quite rural, and as you say, doesnt really have a central area. There is a great gymnastics thing called jim jams which runs there twice a week. It is about 20 mins ish from Guildford where you will find lots more toddler groups and activities. Lots listed on metmums and also Busylizzy running at GLive which is toddler activity galore.
Im in Godalming which is toddlertastic..Certainly worth a look if you are still open to options.
X

georgieJefferis Fri 19-Oct-12 14:41:15

Thanks so much for your response. I am starting to look at Godalming as I've heard some great reviews of it.... Do you have any recommendations re areas to live? We ideally want to be near the station - about 15 mins away. Are there good nurseries and toddler groups? I am finding the idea of the move from London out slightly daunting now!
Any advice gratefully received!

Notnigella33 Fri 19-Oct-12 19:09:07

Godalming is abundant with nurseries and toddler groups! Day care wise there are three larger nurseries and lots of smaller ones. There is a toddler group of some sort virtualy every day of the week. There is also a very active NCT who organise weekly activities too. There is also a great cafe called Mummas and Bean who run loads of classes for pre schoolers. The town has several cafes (Costa, Nero and some independents), a new Jojo Mamas, Boots, Sperdrug, pubs as well as butcher, bakery, green grocers, fishmongers. Waitrose and Sainsburys in the town too.
There are two stations - Godalming or Farncombe (on the Portsmouth/Waterloo line) Farncombe has some nice areas and some not so nice ones depending on your budget! Mostly Godalming is fine. A little further out are the villages...Milford, Witley which also have train stations so worth a look too, but a drive to Godalming center rather than a walk.
Do pm me if you need to know more smile x

I didn't realise there's a Jojo maman now - must get into Godalming more smile

georgieJefferis I can recommend Godalming too. The toddler group at the United Church in Bridge Street is very popular. There are so many lovely things to do with children in Surrey - lots of places to feed ducks, get tea and cake etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now