Local Talk

Toddler groups /class on Friday?

(5 Posts)
Cosima7 Wed 14-Sep-11 19:12:07

Hi,
I'm looking for a good playgroup / class for my 19 month old on a Friday - morning or afternoon
Has anyone got any recommendations?
Many thanks!
Alice

Grassy08 Fri 02-Mar-12 08:47:48

I know that there are music classes in both Homerton Library and Hackney Central on Friday mornings. They start at 9.30 and are very popular.
There's also a great class called Romp and Roll which is on from 9.30 at St Johns Church but it's currently not on. Due to start up end of April I think.
If you hear of any others please let me know as I'm desperate for things to do on a Friday in Hackney

camilleb Wed 04-Apr-12 13:48:54

My daughter attends Grasshoppers Nursery - a parent run community nursery. We hold an community outreach session on Fridays - with George the Music Man and friends. It runs from 10.00 -12pm and is open for all parents to attend with their kids. We provide snacks (organic, vege and fruits) and tea and coffee for parents. There are also currently a few childcare places available on certain days (ages 2-5years) and spaces available in Sept - for those that are interested more info here www.grasshoppersinthepark.co.uk/about-us/
or come along to the outreach session and check it out
cheers
camille

tompalms Tue 17-Jul-12 20:05:47

hi there
I work in a local children centre called Mapledene and Queensbridge CC and we provide a Bouncy Castle (Toddlers World) session which is very popular with parents and everyone is invited if you would like to come along please come for 9 as spaces are very limited we also have Active women which Crèche Provided subject to spaces in the afternoon (1-3pm)
if you would like to view our full timetable please see the link below
www.learningtrust.co.uk/childrens_centres/docs/MapledeneActivities.docx
If you would like anymore information please call 020 7249 8139
Many thanks
Thomas Quinn

dilys4trevor Wed 18-Jul-12 14:22:33

The above stay and play at Mapledene on Friday AM is one of the best I have been to in Hackney (even if you do need to be up super early). The bouncy castle bit is worth a trip in itself but aside from that, there is a big outdoor play area at Mapledene and loads of toys. I've moved away from Hackney now but I still miss it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now