Local Talk

Eczema - best moisturizer & bubble bath?

(7 Posts)
123feel Sat 08-Dec-12 21:32:23

Hi there

My son has eczema and I'm trying to find a good moisturizer and bubble bath that will soothe it. Does anyone have any advice? Also don't want to break the budget.. so sadly I think Weleda is out...

Thanks for any tips

Decaffflatwhite Tue 18-Dec-12 16:26:52

Hi there we've been using E45 junior foaming bath milk. Seems good - eczema not gone but seems soothed, Waitrose body butter helps too. Almond oil feels good but seems to dissolve v quickly in the skin.

this time of year though has erupted again think all the heating.. good luck!

klh77 Tue 08-Jan-13 21:40:11

Imported from the US so it is expensive but Aveeno Soothing Moisture Relief is excellent. You can get it via Amazon or eBay. The moisturiser and bath wash are both great.

123feel Mon 14-Jan-13 17:41:22

Super, thanks for all the tips -might give Aveeno a go not heard of it before and has some good reviews

Thanks!

estuarymouth Tue 15-Jan-13 09:28:55

We have found that Oilatum bath oil really helps, then we use Dermol cream (available on prescription – no steroids, just moisturiser) twice a day. Oilatum leaves the bath a bit greasy but it coats your skin and stops the eczema breaking out.

123feel Thu 24-Jan-13 14:26:49

Thanks estuary mouth v helpful.

Found this post of threads on mumsnet.com main site too quite interesting.

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/childrens_health/1666251-Eczema-any-advice

think will go and ask dr about Dermol.. chepa option

RealNappies Tue 05-Mar-13 10:51:39

Hello,
When my daughter's skin is in need of some tlc, I put a handful of oats into a sock, tie up and put under the running water. The oats produce a creamy, silky liquid that is very soothing for sore skin. Super cheap and easy too! I would high recommend it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now