Are you expecting?

(38 Posts)
Hackneymango Wed 13-Aug-14 15:04:13

Are you pregnant for the first time and found yourself browsing these pages not sure where to start? That was me not so long ago and now here I am hoping I can help you find exactly what you need at this rather uncertain and sometimes unnecessarily challenging point in your life. So if you want a personalised list of all the great things for the pregnant people in Hackney just drop a message either on here or to my email and I'll send you over some hopefully interesting reading.
All the best,
Local Editor
Mumsnet Hackney

Aimeeaimee85 Mon 13-Oct-14 16:56:32

Hi Annika,

Its a great relief to read this message, I'm really not sure where to start!

I'm due March 9th 2015, so 19 weeks today.

Im based in Hackney and want to start yoga classes and meet other mums to be in the area.

Thanks for your help.

Hackneymango Thu 16-Oct-14 15:12:58

Hi Aimee, I have a hopefully a lovely little selection of things that will be of interest and will DM you now with them all now.. hope you're keeping well and you're not too exhausted xxx

Hi Annika,

I'm similar - actually based in Bruce Grove, Haringey - but a lot of the mumsnet local stuff for there seems more Muswell Hill way (story of my life - no longer trendy enough for Hackney, but not posh enough for Muswell! :P) so I'm quite Hackney-orientated too, especially as I'm currently working here.

Still early days for me - currently 12 weeks so due early June - but I'm keen to find some ante-natal yoga and/or other fitness classes I can start going to. Pre-pregnancy I was a massive zumba and Les Mills classes fan, but morning sickness has knocked me out for the past couple of months and I'm thinking I should restart very gently!

Would love to hear anything you can recommend, thanks for your help

LocalEditorHackney Thu 20-Nov-14 14:18:57

Hi PerpetualStudent!
Thank you so much for getting in touch and really hope I can be of assistance. I'm going to PM now with a couple of questions and then will get together a little list for you. Really hope you are keeping well and really hope the sickness is easing. Still no idea why they call it morning sickness, why isn't it 'relentlessly all day long sickness' anyway I digress. I'll be in touch!
All the best,

lulu3190 Thu 08-Jan-15 20:33:20

Hi annika, I live in Stokey, wanted to find out if you know roughly from other mums what the housing register is looking like for a 2 bed??? I already have a 1 bed flat housing association so will be re joining the register due to be pregnant expecting in July x

LocalEditorHackney Fri 09-Jan-15 14:47:45

Hi Lulu3190, Congratulations on your baby news! I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your question but will happily get it out on twitter and FB and let you know if there is any response. I really hope that the wait isn't too long! I'll come back with any responses. Best wishes, Annika

Lulu3108 Mon 12-Jan-15 17:28:42

Thank you smile is there any pregnancy groups you could recommend or mum/baby groups or where I would find them?

Thanks Anika, take care xx

LocalEditorHackney Sun 18-Jan-15 21:45:37

Hi Anita,
So sorry for the delay in my response cake flowers
I have just PM'd you now.
Best wishes,

pjmamma Sat 24-Jan-15 09:35:12

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

nmehmet Mon 26-Jan-15 22:19:09

Hi Annika,

I'm based in Shoreditch and in a similar situation to the others that have replied. Would be great to hear your recommendations!

Thanks, Nancy

LocalEditorHackney Fri 30-Jan-15 13:08:11

Hi Nancy, really hope you liked everything I have sent over. If you need anything else please just shout. Happy Friday! smile cake

Duckslostquack Wed 18-Feb-15 20:36:40

Hi Annika
I'm due in August with my second child (first one is 2.5) and relatively new to Hackney (E5), so not familiar with baby/pregnancy stuff in the area. Would love to hear about any ante-natal groups or meet-ups for second-time mums or anything else you could recommend.
Hope you can help.

LocalEditorHackney Wed 18-Feb-15 21:04:49

Lovely to hear from you Ducklostquack, welcome to Hackney! Let me have a ponder and come back to you with a nice little list of things. Really hope you're little one is giving you some respite, pregnancy with a toddler in tow can feel a little up hill at times smile xx

LocalEditorHackney Thu 19-Feb-15 15:21:20

Me again Ducklostquack - just PMd you a little list now, really hope it's ok! cake flowers xxx

Duckslostquack Thu 19-Feb-15 21:37:17

Hi Annika
The list is great. Thanks for all the good ideas. Feeling slightly less daunted now...

Ladyzee29 Fri 27-Feb-15 07:55:04

Hi Annika,

I'm expecting my second baby in August, I already have a 21mo ds, so I'm looking for groups similar to the lady above! Would love to find any pregnancy groups that are also toddler friendly!

Thanks in advance

LocalEditorHackney Fri 27-Feb-15 22:49:41

Hi Ladyzee29, thank you so much for your post, I have just PMd you now! Happy Friday cake flowers x

nmehmet Tue 03-Mar-15 12:09:37

Thanks for sending over the list Annika! It's been really helpful!

Ladyzee29 Thu 05-Mar-15 22:23:55

Hi Annika,

Any information?

cheetarah Sun 08-Mar-15 08:53:05

Hi Annika, I'm due with my first in July. Would be great to see your list of pregnancy and baby groups and activities in the area, I don't know anyone nearby with babies so would love to go to some meet ups! Thanks a lot.

Ladyzee29 Sun 08-Mar-15 23:04:12

Thanks so much for all the info Annika. They all look great, can't wait to check them out.

LocalEditorHackney Mon 09-Mar-15 16:01:13

So glad you liked them Ladyzee29, if you need anything else please shout xx cake brew flowers

poachpoach Wed 01-Apr-15 00:00:13

Hi Annika,

I'd love to know more, as I'm also close to Stoke Newington.

LocalEditorHackney Wed 01-Apr-15 17:31:48

Hi Poachpoach,
Thank you so much for posting, am PMing you now
cake brew flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now