Halley House School

(5 Posts)
LoveE8 Sat 06-Jun-15 12:08:03

I thought I'd set up a thread for anyone whose child/ren will be going to Halley House School this September. We are giving it a go for our dd - bit of a punt, but we really liked the Head and deputies when we went to a meeting and they seemed very energetic and going places.
Anyone else have kidlets going to HH this year? Would love to hear whispers etc.
I'm particularly keen to know any news about the renovation design which is my one hesitation (looks quite dreary at the moment).
chin chin!

virtualpostcard Mon 07-Dec-15 21:47:18

I wasn't as brave as you so just applied to our local school nearby. However I'm not mad about the Reception Teacher so I'd love to know what your experience of Halley House is so far. The website is very slick but I see there are still vacancies, do you think that just because it's not well known or have people pulled out?

sinawill Wed 13-Jan-16 11:33:55

We have applied for our daughter for sept 2016 as we looked at many schools and none impressed us more that this one. Principal seems fantastic. Just wondering if there are any other mums thinking of sending their kids here?

Ley111 Fri 22-Apr-16 14:20:21

I just wanted to say - for anyone considering Halley House - that my daughter has been going since last September and really enjoys it. The teachers are excellent and they manage to really engage the children. The after school clubs are also phenomenal - she has martial arts tonight, after cookery and art club earlier in the week....I think the lack of outside space is putting some people off, but it shouldn't. The school are very alert to the downsides of a small playground and the children do a lot of physical stuff using nearby facilities. From talking to friends, they seem to be doing more sport than most other reception kids. Overall we are really happy with it and the dedication shown by staff since its inception.

BlueFizz Mon 09-May-16 09:19:04

Ive worked with many families whos kids have gone to all the local schools and can always give the heads up if I hear anything....My name is Melissa & I have an online childcare booking system that works for adhock & ongoing bookings! All my certifications are on there with many different services & it's great because it offers you and your family flexibility with no obligation for employing someone. Have a read through and let me know what you think!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now