Thinking of Moving from Bristol back to London? Am I mad?

(4 Posts)
Hanbee77 Sun 10-Apr-16 14:24:15

Hello Hackney mums,

Im toying with the idea of moving back to London which I lived for 8 years.. I've been in Bristol as a single mum for nearly 3.5 years and never meant to stay it was just by default as my parents are here. It didn't help I broke my ankle very badly when my son was 2 and I'm only just getting mobility back as it was so bad. As I never meant to be in bristol and it's also my home town, I can't help feeling unsettled.

My brother has recently moved to Leyton and my child's dad lived in Stratford . Unfortunately his dad hasn't seen him for 6 months and doesn't help financially yet I feel being near my brother and his girlfriend would be great. I may have more opportunity to find work, retrain if I move back plus I have a friend network I can easily tap into . There are Challenges that scare me!....finding a school for my son who would start in September and also accommodation. Money is a big factor as I'm not rich but could do a house share possibly...it's a big step but I feel if I tackle it now I may always regret not doing it. Anyone think I'm mad and should stay where I am..Bristols great but it's almost too laid back for me...what's the general consensus on this area for kids? Is it all work and no fun? Feeling very confused!

starpatch Tue 12-Apr-16 19:55:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Faithclidsold Fri 02-Sep-16 21:03:52

Hi, wow that's a huge step. I guess you need to do what works for you and your family, I have been trying very hard to move out of london, I managed it once and moved with my child's father but that didn't work so I'm back. All I can say if you want to move to London and you can afford to and it's right for you then go for it. Either way it won't be set in stone you can always move back if it doesn't work out.

Faithclidsold Fri 02-Sep-16 21:04:44

P.s there are loads of things for both you and children in London, way more then anywhere else.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now