Family observation request for trainee family psychotherapist

(2 Posts)
DangerRabbit Mon 17-Oct-16 15:32:37

Hi all,

I'm training to be a family psychotherapist at the Institute of Family Therapy, as part of my training I need to complete a family observation. This consists of me meeting with a family twice for about an hour each time.

This needs to be a family that I don't know personally or professionally, as I live in the Hackney area I was wondering if any family living in this area may be kind enough to help me. The point of the exercise is for me to learn how to be a better observer, rather than for me to judge or "diagnose" anything about the family.

As this assignment needs to be submitted by the beginning of January, ideally, I would like to have met the family before the end of November.

If you are interested, please post on this thread or email me at danger.rabbit and I will share further information with you (including my real name!)

Many thanks,

DangerRabbit Wed 19-Oct-16 13:47:37

Hi all,
Just to let you know that I now have a participant, thanks for the interest.
If anyone is interested in taking part and reading this before the end of November 2016 please do get in touch and I will pass your contact details to my colleagues on the course who may still be looking for a participant.
Many thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now