Local Talk

Aspergers

(3 Posts)
jwmra Mon 10-Dec-12 20:27:33

Dear All
We have a 16 year old who was recently diagnosed with Aspergers. He's bright and had always managed okay so, although we had always known he would get a diagnosis, we decided against an assessment until we hit a really bad patch with him in adolescence. Things remain extremely difficult and are taking their toll on family life and on his two younger siblings. I've always longed to talk to others in the same boat and wondered whether there are any local parents in a similar situation?

HiPHackney Thu 27-Dec-12 22:10:38

Hello jwmra. Apologies for not seeing your message sooner. Please contact HiP (info@hiphackney.org.uk) and I will put you in touch with a local mum whose child has the same diagnosis. She can also tell you about the support group.
Thanks
Roz (HiP administrator) xx

eguanas Mon 10-Jun-13 13:58:33

I also have a very high functioning 12 year old son with Asperger's. My problem is with finding a school. I live in Ascot and moved here in March from the US. He was declined admission to ACS Egham and I fear he will likewise be declined admission to TASIS. He has never needed additional special services from the schools in the US. Does anyone have any advice?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now