Local Talk

40th birthday gift for me ?

(7 Posts)
KirbyBaso Sun 13-Nov-11 18:06:04

I'm 15 weeks pregnant with my first child who is due on my 40th birthday.....laugh or cry ??? I guess I should have planned better ! Anyone at a similar stage and age to me ? Moved here for work so don' know may people and feel a bit stranded at the moment.

Housemum Sun 13-Nov-11 20:25:33

Are you working full or part time? There's a bumps & babies coffee group on a a Friday morning if you want to meet people and aren't working then. (NCT but you don't have to be a member to go). I had DD3 a couple of m

Housemum Sun 13-Nov-11 20:32:51

Bloody phone! Should read:
Are you working full or part time? There's a bumps & babies coffee group on a a Friday morning if you want to meet people and aren't working then. (NCT but you don't have to be a member to go). I had DD3 a couple of mOnths before my 40th, present wise I had mostly jewellery/pamper type stuff and DH took me for a ridiculously expensive but lovely afternoon meal (MIL had the youngest for the afternoon and did the school pick ups). Hopefully you'll soon get settled and meet people - I've been in Basingstoke just over 10 years and find it a really friendly place, I'm always bumping into people I know now (lived just outside Reading for 10 years and barely knew my neighbours!)
Having a baby at 40 is great - everyone assumes you're younger! wink

KirbyBaso Tue 15-Nov-11 12:08:11

Hello, thanks for replying. Full-time at the moment, but will definitly try to get to that coffee group before the time comes. can you advise on the acronyms ? - DH - Darling Husband ? What's DD ?

Housemum Tue 15-Nov-11 21:24:51

DH is as you guessed dear/darling husband, DD is dear/darling Daughter (and number is 3 as she's the 3rd child) - there's a useful list of MN (Mumsnet!) acronyms here and a link to Basingstoke NCT activities here - you don't have to be a member to go to their coffee mornings and events smile

Meglet Tue 15-Nov-11 21:31:45

You could go to a couple of baby / toddler mornings once you start maternity leave and before the baby arrives.

There's loads of things to do once you have a small person. Whereabouts in town are you? I think all the community centres have a variety of baby groups.

KirbyBaso Sat 19-Nov-11 13:28:00

thank you Meglet and Housemum. I will certainly get to some of the NCT events. I live in Kempshott where there seems to be many little people so I shall find something around I'm sure. Thanks again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now