Local Talk

Pre-schools in Winchester

(13 Posts)
Hughespipe Mon 09-Jan-12 13:47:21

Im in fulflood Winchester and my dd was born in April. If I just want my free 15 hours which is the best pre-school ?

PupilsOfWinchester Tue 31-Jan-12 16:51:04

My 2 went to St Paul's Preschool at the church. A great place with good links to Western. I've also heard great things about Lanterns (if you can get in).

HackneyCabbage Wed 08-Feb-12 21:22:16

My daughter is at Hartley House Montessori, at The Lido near the station, she loves it and it really suits her temperament (she'll be 3 in April). You can use the 15 hours there in the term beginning after they turn 3. I think its probably quite different from other pre-schools but the teachers are all lovely and children are calm, content and my daughter is getting so much from being there.

Sariska Thu 09-Feb-12 21:47:33

YY to Hartley House. My DC go to their other site, Casa dei Bambini, which is a nursery as well as a pre-school. It's small and friendly and I really rate it.

nellieiphant Mon 19-Mar-12 21:38:26

My DS is at Hartley House, at the Lido also. The children love it!

Angie03 Thu 26-Jul-12 23:31:41

Hi! I will be moving from London to Winchester in September. DS will be 3.4 and the only pre-school that could offer me five morning sessions to use the free 15 hours was Little Fishes. Does anyone know anything about it? Thanx!

esmetaylor Mon 30-Jul-12 20:35:40

I think Little Fishes is part of St Peters Roman Catholic School....it has a good reputation and the school provides transport (I think!) If you're able to travel just outside Winchester, Wildflowers Kindergartens has spaces at Brockwood Park for September. You have to pay a little extra for food and extra hours, but its the most amazing place....http://www.wildflowers-kindergartens.co.uk/testimonials.html

azmj Fri 03-Aug-12 19:59:58

Hello everone, I am new to all this! We are moving to winchester, from Londion, end of Sept with 3year old and 18month old. 3 year old has a place at Lanterns pre-school but it's quite far from where we are living. Does anyone know anything about Kingsmead, they have places too, but I'm not sure. Any other pre-school/nursery tips for the area??

Angie03 Wed 08-Aug-12 14:57:25

Thanks esmetaylor, sorry for being so slow at replying. I will check it out. I would love to meet up with other mums once I am through with the move. DS will b 3.4 and his brother just four months... We will be in Fullflood.

bevrus Thu 16-Aug-12 11:01:06

hi all - I am so glad I looked on mumsnet I'm also moving from london (earlsfield) to fulflood - we move to hampshire in september and in temporary accomodation til move into our new house early dec. I looked at nursery I hated but now I think I am going to look at these pre-schools instead - I know st pauls is very close to my new house. I have two girls - 1 x 2.5 and 1 x 6 month - it would be great to meet up when you are all down. I am also looking at playschools and see there is one at Christ Church on a Tuesday that looks good

mrsXsweet Sun 09-Sep-12 18:45:15

azmj, my daughter goes to kingsmead and we have been really pleased with it. She has just moved into the badgers unit and the transition has gone smoothly. Will be back later dd is demanding to go to bed!

Olivers battery school. Very good school

Ivysmummy Tue 06-Nov-12 16:36:02

My two went to Hartley House Montessori and Kingsmead Day Nursery. Both were fab.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now