Local Talk

Just moved to Winchester - where are the best places to go with toddler and baby?

(25 Posts)
Bicnod Sun 19-Feb-12 21:32:45

I've just moved to Bereweeke from London. I have two boys, eldest is 3 in April and youngest is 7 months.

Any tips on good places to take small people?

I'd also be very interested if there are any meet-ups that I could tag along to...

Thanks muchly.

Leenypies Wed 29-Feb-12 15:15:15

Hi there

I've also just moved down from London a few weeks ago. Two sons aged 3.5 and 6 months. Fancy meeting up? I'm in Weeke.

Lene

Bicnod Wed 29-Feb-12 17:39:29

That would be great - I'll PM you smile

ThatllDoPig Sat 31-Mar-12 20:34:05

Go to adventure barn, google it, its near the zoo. Really nice soft play place with amazing coffee and food!

Bicnod Mon 09-Apr-12 18:49:23

Just saw your reply, thanks so much will google adventure barn smile

toddlersensekt Tue 17-Apr-12 15:08:28

Hi,

My name is Katie and I run Toddler Sense classes in Winchester and Stockbridge.

Toddler Sense is an award winning programme which, introduces toddlers and children to a magical, multi-sensory interactive experience that will keep them busy and thoroughly entertained.
Each week offers a new and exciting theme's and next week's theme is 'Cowboys and cowgirls/Rodeo'!

FREE taster sessions are available, and we currently have spaces in our newly launched Longstock/Stockbridge class which takes place on a Tuesday morning.
Toddler sense also offers a wonderful variety of soft foam play including bouncy castles, ball pools etc and you can view pictures and find out more about our classes by visiting: www.babysensory.com or visit our facebook page at: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Toddler-Sense-Salisbury-and-Winchester/114159018656676

For class times and venue details please visit: http://www.babysensory.com/en/ToddlerClassDetails.aspx?id=137

I hope this is of some help to you.

Kind regards,

Katie
Email: salisbury@toddlersense.co.uk
Tel: 01722 411083

WincNanny Tue 24-Apr-12 09:47:43

I have a 4 year old boy in Weeke if you fancy meeting up?

ShortHamstrings Tue 24-Apr-12 12:56:50

River Park Leisure Centre has a soft play session called "Creepy Crawlies" on Mon/Wed/Fri mornings term time (9:30, 10:20 and 11:10 sessions) - good for when it's raining!

Just popping in to say I have two boys too; a 3mo and a 2.6yo and we go to the Toddler Sense classes that toddlersensekt runs - they are BRILLIANT

Also up for a meet up smile

sherbertk Mon 07-May-12 20:23:21

Hi all,

Just seen your posts. I am a new mum of a ten week old baby girl. Just moved to Winchester from London this week and keen for advice on things to do with my little one, baby massage, baby yoga? Any tips would be appreciated. Also keen to meet other mums in the area so if anyone fancies meeting for a coffee sometime that would be great!

Hi Sherbert, welcome to Winch!

Check out Lanterns childrens sure start centre thingy - I did Bumps and Babies there when DS1 was teeny; nice way to meet people and pick up leaflets etc for baby massage etc

Josiemusic Sat 12-May-12 18:16:55

Creepy Crawlies is great, agreed. I used to take my two boys there when they were little. My how the time flies! And the Adventure Barn near Marwell Zoo (which is also lovely itself weather permitting - I reccommend an annual pass) is good too - as is the menu. Yummy! Winchester is great with LOADS on for children. I would definitely suggest looking into Jolly Babies and Music with Mummy and Three Four Time music sessions in Winchester too. They are just great..... yes, okay I do run them! Let me know if you want further details! smile josiemusic@live.co.uk

Jerls Wed 16-May-12 23:38:11

Sherbert, I can highly recommend Cherubs for baby massage. Coral is a lovely lady who has loads of experience.

Hope you settle into Winchester. I also moved here with my baby and after 9 mths have met some lovely people.

Jerls Wed 16-May-12 23:39:53

http://www.cherubsbabyhealth.com/
for baby massage...and loads more.

Bicnod Tue 29-May-12 19:32:22

This thread dropped off my 'threads I'm on' list and I haven't been back to it in ages - thank you for all the replies smile

I'm off to Adventure Barn this week but haven't yet tried out Creepy Crawlies - will check it out soon.

Would be very up for meeting - have already met up with Leenypies (who is lovely).

Shall we do a daytime meet with kids in tow or an evening meet with drinks in tow?

Kt1991 Wed 30-May-12 12:25:59

Hey I am 21 with a 16 month old little boy and I live in Winchester, we don't know many people with little ones, so am really keen to get to know more people with children of a similar age.

I've been to creepy crawlies with him a few times, and do recommend it smile

Leenypies Wed 06-Jun-12 19:42:52

Hi WincNanny.

Haven't revisited this thread for some time. Did you get any meet-ups? If you're up for a chat over coffee etc then let me know. I'm in Weeke with 3yrs 10mths DS and 10mths DS.

StevenMH Tue 26-Jun-12 12:15:58

Hello all, the Winchester Discovery Centre runs a very popular Baby Bounce & Rhyme Time session every Thursday during term-time at 9.45 & 11.00 - as well as other events for children throughout the year. The special events are here: http://www3.hants.gov.uk/library/wdc/whatson-wdc-children.htm and entire list of events here http://www3.hants.gov.uk/library/wdc/whatson-wdc.htm

Good luck in Winchester!

necklaceofraindrops Sat 30-Jun-12 21:41:26

I can also recommend Coral from Cherubs for baby massage - it's brilliant. Still do regular massage with DS who's 15 months

heffles Wed 11-Jul-12 17:03:47

Hello, I've just moved to Winchester with hubby and 15 week old baby - we don't know any mums or families with babies so would appreciate any advice and would be great to meet some! Thanks :-)

esmetaylor Mon 30-Jul-12 20:44:55

Wildflowers Kindergartens have a mother and baby group on a Monday morning at Kilmeston. Then they can start playgroup at 2 and kindergarten at 3.......www.wildflowers-kindergartens.co.uk

PrincessOfMuffins Sat 29-Dec-12 10:14:50

Hi, I know this is an old thread, but if anyone who sees this wants to meet up for a cuppa, let me know! My boy is 13 months old.

fulfloodmum Wed 08-May-13 13:37:03

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

fulfloodmum Wed 08-May-13 13:37:44

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Colbury Tue 30-Sep-14 10:37:11

My daughter has just moved to winchester from fulham she has a son of 15 months can anyone help with fun ideas they can do together and also meet more mums and toddlers ....thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now