Local Talk

Pre-summer drinks meet, 2012 Winchester

(12 Posts)
SmileItsSunny Wed 02-May-12 09:29:13

We've decided to meet, and started this shiny new thread so anyone can join us....

Who would like to come?

Can anyone suggest a good place?

We are looking at end of May or early June (depends how long it takes to organise!)

sherbertk Mon 07-May-12 20:09:11

Hi 'smileitssunny',

Just seen your post. I'm a new mum of a ten week old baby girl. We've just moved to Winchester this week from London and am keen to meet up with other mums in the area as don't know anyone in Winchester. Please keep me posted about your meet up as would love to join if you'll have me!

Thanks!

SmileItsSunny Sat 19-May-12 22:07:47

Hi Sherbert - congratulations!
You're in ;-)

SmileItsSunny Sat 19-May-12 22:10:20

How about Thursday 31st May? Are you able to escape for an evening? (You'd be very welcome to bring your baby, but we'd have to check that the pub/venue would be ok with that.)

SmileItsSunny Fri 01-Jun-12 23:08:13

Oops. Sorry all. I forgot blush

octanegirl Fri 08-Jun-12 10:07:37

It's such lovely weather - let's organise something outdoors! Not.
I know the area pretty well but don't know many people, so I'd love to make some new friends.

Leenypies Fri 08-Jun-12 17:56:23

I'd be up for coming along. Moved to Winch four months ago and it would be great to meet new people. Evening escape a welcome relief!

Bicnod Wed 13-Jun-12 22:16:47

Count me in as well smile

BarnesBabe Mon 18-Jun-12 12:55:11

Hi There,
I've just moved to Winchester from London as well (1 June!) Have you guys met up yet?

Leenypies Tue 19-Jun-12 12:36:30

I don't know if SmileItsSunny organised anything outside the forum, but I've not been to an evening social related to this thread. Shall we organise? Where do you think we could go? Suggestions? Sadly, I've not had a night out in Winch yet....

BarnesBabe Fri 22-Jun-12 11:08:11

Leenypies - The weather forcast looks good for Monday and Tuesday next week (25 & 26)..can you do either of those evenings? Let me know and then I will make a plan...

Leenypies Tue 26-Jun-12 14:17:23

Argh, sorry, I haven't checked the forum for a while so missed out on your message about 25 or 26 June. Sorry, BarnesBabe! Any other dates that suit you? This week and next bad for me really as we are moving into a new house on Friday 6th July and most evenings are taken up with DH decorating (50s property more or less untouched since it was built...) and me babysitting. But if you do organise a date before then I will make it, since it would be lovely to meet up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now