Local Talk

Peter Symonds College, Winchester

(3 Posts)
guineapiglet Mon 25-Jun-12 11:37:28

Hi - wondered if anyone out there has a teenager waiting to start at PS in September? our daughter has a taster day there next week, and as we are completely new to the area, would love to hear from anyone in a similar position - we do not know any other teenagers in the area and I think she is finding the whole prospect very daunting, as am I !!!

oldfatandtired1 Thu 09-Aug-12 20:39:19

GP I don't have teenagers waiting to start at PS - but both my boys went there (from Perins in Alresford). Elder boy is 22 and working, younger boy is 19 and has just finished 1st year at Uni.

What I can tell you is that PS is a very friendly place and that both my sons made friends with students who had arrived on their own. It must be scary for your daughter but she'll be fine!

guineapiglet Fri 10-Aug-12 21:03:53

Thank you for such a nice positive message, she had a good time at the taster day and really enjoyed the college environment. I think it is more that she doesnt know ANYONE and would like a friendly contact or someone to just recognise when she starts there. It is tough for teenagers when they are uprooted as they cling to their friends - but I am sure she will be fine once she gets going. Many thanks againsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now