Local Talk

Just moved to Basingstoke and would love to meet new people

(2 Posts)
Celi262 Fri 28-Dec-12 20:37:35

Hi,

It's my first time on Mumsnet so not sure what to expect!

My husband and I moved to Basingstoke at the end of Oct and our little boy, Alfie, was born last week (19th Dec).

I don't know anyone at all in the area and am dreading my husband going back to work in the New Year as I won't have any one to talk to during the day! Would love to meet new mums/dads or find out any info about baby groups that are good to go to!

Thanks!
Celia x

Overtonian Fri 25-Jan-13 10:23:15

Hello
Congratulations on the birth of your son.
Where in Basingstoke are you?
I am in Overton. I have just increased my hours at work, so don't have much time in the week, but am around for a couple of hours on Thursday afternoon I have a 5 year old and a 2 year old - I lived in Brookvale in Basingstoke until my eldest was 2 so did the baby thing there.

Are you doing any groups - the NCT group on Friday morning in Brookvale is good, or at least it was last time I went - has been a couple of years! Busy and not too cliquey. Singalong and Smile is on a Thursday morning in Oakley, think there is a Friday morning in Kempshott too - Avril that runs the group is really lovely. I did a wonderful baby massage course with my first - was in Chineham, but the woman who runs it does a few groups - if I remember her name I'll post again. Rhymetime at the library is nice too - Basingstoke Library and Chineham Library run it (or they did).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now