Single mum with toddler-girl sought (for feedback/advice)

(1 Post)
TeddyPan Thu 01-Sep-16 12:18:31

Hi,

I'm a (working) mature single-dad of a toddler girl, aged 3 yrs and two months (Mum died from cancer when she was just a baby). No friends or family to speak of, but we're doing ok -- all things considered. Our relationship is warm and close, but not intense; we're both pretty chilled, and I get plaudits from mums and nursery alike as to her happiness and development. All good, and I'm so very thankful for that smile.

But in the spirit of 'unknown unknowns' I wonder if, living in our own little bubble, I am missing some things that may benefit my little one. Or me! So, I thought, I wonder if there may be a single mum with a similar aged little girl, or older perhaps, with whom I could share a relaxed coffee and chat and see how a 'real' mum gets by! In the workplace I guess we'd call this mentoring or shadowing...

I'm so bad at asking for help, but I guess that's what I'm doing smile

Great to hear from you if you have an hour or two to spare anytime, ping me a message and I'll get back with contact details etc.
All the best,
Teddy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now