Can I get a seat on the train from Winchfield or Andover?

(6 Posts)
hg1970 Thu 22-Sep-16 17:41:29

Hi there

I want to move out of London and commute.

Is it possible to reliably get a seat on the train at Winchfield, between 7 and 8 in the morning?

Someone also recommended Andover. I might consider it but I'm looking for somewhere a little closer in if possible.

If not, any other suggestions in Hampshire much appreciated.

Thanks for any advice you can give

Womble75 Thu 22-Sep-16 17:52:58

We live in Andover and DH commutes in every morning. Always gets a seat between those times and a car park space. Andover has just had a new multi storey car park built.
We love it here. Only an hour to London yet house prices are good, plenty of amenities and only a half hour drive to either Winchester, Salisbury, Southampton or Basingstoke. Lovely countryside and lots to do. We moved from SE London 3 years ago after my DD was born due to property prices .HTH

hotfuzzra Thu 22-Sep-16 19:42:01

I live in Fleet, stop before Farnborough.
DH usually either gets approx 6.30 train or 8.30 train and he almost always gets a seat. By F'boro it's busier and by Woking it's standing room only.
Inbetween these times is mixed although in 2 years I can only remember a handful of times he was standing.

Cassavachips Thu 22-Sep-16 23:25:09

We live in a village outside of Basingstoke. DH commutes from Basingstoke station and always gets a seat. Car parking is ok too (expensive obviously). Hampshire is lovely

Hissy Fri 23-Sep-16 16:11:19

Hook?... station is closer to village, it's the stop before winchfield.

You get more house for your money in Hook than you do Winchfield/Hartley Wintney

hg1970 Mon 26-Sep-16 11:47:36

Thanks for your replies, that's really helpful

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now