Local Talk

Babies activities?

(13 Posts)
lovelymummy47 Tue 12-Jun-12 00:33:52

Hi Mums,

Anyone know of baby activities near Highgate,Honsey,Archway,Woodgreen areas?? Precisely indoor activities due to the poor weather conditions :-( I AM so desperate to get out of the house with my lil 6mnths old baby. Find myself trapped in the house coz can't find stuff to do and my PND creeps in :-( pls help I'm a first time mum and I'm finding this so difficult :-( I just need to get out of the house.

RemembersButtonMoon Tue 12-Jun-12 08:10:47

Hi Lovely

I live in Haringey too and have a 3mo old little (well, actually quite big) boy! We have yet to join any classes but intend to. I hear baby sensory can be good, I think it's in Muswell Hill but the website will give more information. I will 'have a google' and come back to this thread smile

lovelymummy47 Tue 12-Jun-12 18:22:58

Hi RemembersButtonMoon,

Thank for your reply, pls send the web page for me too I have a look at it. It would be so great to try something new.

:-)

RemembersButtonMoon Wed 13-Jun-12 08:28:14

Hi Lovely

How are things with your little one today?

The Baby Sensory classes (www.babysensory.com) look like they can be quite expensive (£80 for 10 classes, I think) but I have heard it's really good.

I remember finding a blog before written by a mum in Haringey about local activities, will try to dig that out too and send the link to you.

smile

RemembersButtonMoon Wed 13-Jun-12 08:36:08

I found it!

The writer is actually a poster on Mumsnet. You'll find her if you go through the threads in Haringey Local (under New Blog for Haringey Parents, or something similar). Hope you find something that you can work with in the rain!

RemembersButtonMoon Wed 13-Jun-12 08:49:25
RemembersButtonMoon Wed 13-Jun-12 09:05:19
lovelymummy47 Wed 13-Jun-12 10:49:01

Oh thanks RemembersButtonMoon, thanks for the help to find somthing, its abit pricy though sad, have you heard of anyother activities precisely indoor activities?
Stuck in bed, can't wake up. Have very little energy sad
Have no idea what I'll do the rest of the day sad I HATE feeling like this.
How about you?

RemembersButtonMoon Wed 13-Jun-12 16:22:20

I agree - the Baby Sensory classes are expensive. I think you can have a free trial class though, to see if you/baby enjoy it.

Sorry to hear you are having a rough day. How is baby doing? We went to Ally Pally for an hour today which was great, having been indoors since Saturday due to the rain. It really does help to go out, I find.

The other links are for other local activities (most of those ones are free too). I haven't tried any yet so can't personally recommend any, but we are going to try the 'sing and play' sessions in the library in a couple of weeks.

sunshinegirl08 Thu 14-Jun-12 11:33:45

Hi lovelymummy47

I have a 3 month old little boy and live near Ally Pally. I have found a few mother and baby groups but haven't been to any yet. Woodside childrens centre 59 Whitehart Lane have one for babies 6months and under Tuesdays 1.30 - 15:00 6months and over Wednesdays at 9.30 a.m.
Bounds Green Children centre have a few activites here is there timetable http://www.boundsgreenschoolandchildrenscentre.ik.org/attachments/20120329_Activity_Timetable_April-June_Pg1.jpg

Have you thought about taking your little one swimming that's indoor and relatively cheap. I took mine for the first time last week and he loved it. I'm not a swimmer but baby pool is warm and shallow so was fine.

BsshBossh Fri 15-Jun-12 21:38:52

Surestart children centres can be brilliant and are free and often action packed with activties for little people. Also check your local primary schools and churches as many will have cheap or free parent and baby drop-ins.

NickPenMum Sun 17-Jun-12 21:39:04

Hello, I know it's hard being a mum and the weather isn't helping!

I can recommend Jolly Babies for a Monday afternoon activity 2-4:30pm. It's a drop-in playgroup run by volunteers (such as myself!). It's very relaxed and friendly, only costs £2 and has indoor and outdoor playareas. Find us on Facebook www.facebook.com/#!/groups/jollybabies.burghleyroad/

Maybe I'll see you there tomorrow.

tostaky Thu 21-Jun-12 22:10:32

Why dont you ask your health visitor about babygroups, she should be able to give you a list of whats going on in your area.
also if you look on the NCT website, you can access for free the latest edition of their gas &air magasine and in the middle there is a list of babygroups too.

finally, google children centres in aringey and then get in touch with them, there all have baby goups running..

i know it is hard being a new mum, especially with all this rain.... get out of the house, try ifferent baby grous and make friends with other mums, it will make it al,worthwhile ;-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now