Local Talk

Under 2's nurseries in N8..N22

(10 Posts)
Nim33 Thu 23-Aug-12 21:12:45

Looking to send my LO to a local (reasonably priced) nursery in Feb 2013.. reccommendations and reviews for below would be greatly appreciated:

ORANGE
WOODSIDE CHILDRENS CENTRE
BUSY BUNNIES
ADVENTURELAND
EAGLES

Also, any other places that I may have missed would be v useful...its SO HARD finding a place that is HIGH in quality and reasonable priced! Most outstanding/good ofsted rated nurserys are super-expensive. Not good sad

CuppaTeaAndAJammieDodger Wed 05-Sep-12 11:59:45

DD has been at Eagle since she was 1, she's now 4 and just about to embark on big school (although will be going to Eagle for after school club). The staff are brilliant, the communication with the parents is very good and they kids are always busy in their groups doing various activities if you pop in unexpectedly throughout the day. The setting isn't as amazing as you'd get at Orange (but for £60 per day I wouldn't expect anything less there!) but I think it is pretty good and the outside was recently renovated and really is lovely. I'd definitely recommend going to see it (call and ask for Alice, the manager or Bisi, the owner - their website is here).

I've heard that Woodlands is very good but almost impossible to get in to; my goddaughter has been on the waiting list since she was born, she is now 2 and still no joy and they live seconds from it!

nlondondad Wed 12-Sep-12 16:01:21

Also worth looking at the Bowlers' Nursery Crouch Hill. They have just moved into a brand new, purpose built building at Crouch Hill Park N8.

nlondondad Wed 12-Sep-12 16:01:51
Nim33 Wed 23-Jan-13 19:07:59

Thank you.. and sorry reply is late..

Ok to update, we decided on Orange and have started settling her in..only to get an email today, informing us that its ofsted is now 'inadequate'!!! This is awful and now need to find another nursery asap..

Any help/tips/suggestions apprevciated...!

nicgt Wed 23-Jan-13 21:41:03

We're in the same boat. Our daughter settled in two weeks ago and we also read the email this evening. It was such an effort finding what we thought was a good nursery in the first place. We feel very let down and are considering our options.

Nim33 Thu 24-Jan-13 07:39:57

nicgt, are you withdrawing your daughter?

inreallife Mon 28-Jan-13 16:01:39

Nim33, have a look at Little Stars. They are listed on the site, but here's the link.
http://local.mumsnet.com/haringey/nurseries/85297-little-stars-nursery

Its a wonderful nursery, great atmosphere, staff are great. They have recently opened, so I think they still have some places. My little one goes and he loves it.
Although they are new, the staff are very experienced as they have been running Star Shine in Crouch End for many years - which is very popular.

Star Shine is for over 2s, and the new Little Stars is for under 2s.

Good luck with it all,

xxx

Nim33 Tue 29-Jan-13 21:11:58

Thank you for the recommendation inreallife...

christie123 Wed 29-May-13 15:09:29

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now