Local Talk

Outraged at Clowntown prices

(6 Posts)
Carmen26 Fri 31-Aug-12 15:27:55

I took two kids to Clowntown at the back of Tesco in Muswell Hill yesterday and paid £13.15 to get in for two hour session, they charged £5.95 per child and £1.25 per adult. I have never been charged this much before in a soft play place and never had to pay an adult entry fee. The place was packed so perhaps I am just out of touch at how much these things cost. Also you only eat and drink food that had been purchased in the premises. This makes a very expensive two hour outing. Would like to know your comments

Rosebud05 Fri 31-Aug-12 19:35:18

Have never been as I avoid those soft play places like the plague but £13 sounds on the very steep side.

It does seem to be popular though - I know lots of people who go regularly.

In future, avoid meal times, I guess and take a bottle of water?

VeremyJyle Fri 31-Aug-12 19:37:24

Ouch - I go to the one in Edmonton £3.80 per child for an hour and forty five minutes, have often been tempted to go to Clown Town, but won't bother at all now. That is really steep sad

michmumm Sat 01-Sep-12 05:34:14

Try Little Dinosaurs in Ally Pally. It's much smaller, cheaper and nicer.

We like Kids N20 in Finchley. Also Topsy Turvey at Brent Cross.

StAnnsmum Tue 08-Jan-13 13:57:38

We went back a few weeks ago to KidZone in Wood Green for the first time in a couple of years on a rainy Sunday afternoon, and have been being pestered by DS1 to return ever since - I found softplay places far too stressful when my kids were smaller. I much prefer taking them to the park. However, KZ was a lot cheaper than Clowntown, I note that and we won't go there.

Sneak some food in anyway and get hot drinks? We had our own biscuits. We did have to promise to take the kids to a cafe to extricate them though, probably still rather pricy but cheaper and better food. And my dad kindly paid for the softplay and part of the food.

We probably will go back to KZ but only if the weather's rubbish again, and only every couple of months. I'm looking forward to the days getting longer again too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now