Local Talk

holly bush nursery in Muswell Hill

(7 Posts)
Leosa Sat 09-Mar-13 17:13:45

Hi, anyone knows Holly Bush nursery in Muswell Hill? I was thinking of starting my son there in September (he will be 2.5 years).
I would be interested in knowing your experiences.

Thanks

Cords1 Sun 10-Mar-13 18:32:28

Have you had a look around it? I know a couple of people who sent their children there and loved it. It is heavily oversubscribed though so you would need to get your DS' name down on the waiting list asap.

Leosa Sun 10-Mar-13 20:34:25

Thanks Cords1, he has been already on the WL for a few months, and there are 60 children before him on the WL for September! However they said that there are some chances. I need still to arrange a visit. Do you know if they prepare well for primary school (we are not English, so would be more difficult for him!) and if they have free education hours?

Cords1 Tue 12-Mar-13 18:08:32

They follow the Early Years National Curriculum so reception would build on what they learn at this nursery. I thought it was lovely and have my DS' name down also, however, I would strongly recommend you have a look round soon as that should help put your mind at rest.
I would imagine that there is a reduction in their prices for children over 3 as per the 15 hours a week that is part funded by the govt, but I don't know this, again I would check this when you visit.
I thought it was a lovely nursery, low turnover of staff, great outdoor space and they responded well to my questions on discipline. But a lot of finding a nursery is about what you want from it. I do not want a pre-prep hot house for my DS I want him to be free to be a little boy and I believe this delivers that - but I only have my thoughts gained from looking round and the two friends who have sent their children there, my DS isn't there yet, and may not get a place.
Good luck and maybe our boys will be there together!

MaidOfMuswell Wed 08-May-13 20:22:46

Rosemount -The owner Ed cooks fresh meals for the children. The manager Andrea is very competent, all staff are actually. it has a really good ethos, good communication to parents. Do be aware it can have a Lengthy waiting list, as it is very good and popular.

pennou1971 Mon 02-Sep-13 14:51:19

Hi there, I was wondering if you did get a chance to get oyur little one into the holy bush nursery and if you have anything to share as I am considering this for my too little ones myself.

finland Tue 10-Sep-13 21:01:35

My son has started here recently. I have been very happy with it, his key worker is very caring and given him a lot of attention which has meant he has settled in very quickly. I chose it because it is local to me, ofsted outstanding and the morning session lengths are good for me (8-1:45) as I work mornings so needed somewhere where the finish time was later. I also liked the idea that that the owner of the nursery is also manager there and you see her there and it is reflected in the very low staff turnover.
I agree you have to go and see it to see if its right for you. Only drawback for me is that is it in a converted house so not a lot of indoor space. Its not cheap but there is a big reduction after they turn 3 - they do the government scheme ( which not all nurseries in MH do).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now