Local Talk

Ashmount school

(8 Posts)
estuarymouth Mon 11-Mar-13 13:26:42

Does anyone's DCs go to Ashmount? I'm intrigued about the new building. When I found some plans online before it was built it said something about shared space, so grounds could be used by locals out of school time. Is that the case, and if so what sort of facilities are there? Playground etc? I realise i could walk there and see for myself but it's too cold for an abortive mission!!

nlondondad Tue 12-Mar-13 20:04:54

The new building is in a park, Crouch Hill Park. So, from the point of view of the school there are three kinds of space. Space for the school only (controlled exclusively by the school), space reserved for the school during school hours, there is for example a Multi use games area - so controlled during school hours, but available to others outside, and then the public park, which of course is available to the children, under supervision, just as it is available to everyone else.

Does that help?

estuarymouth Wed 13-Mar-13 10:05:39

Yes, that helps a lot, thank you. Now I know there's definitely something there for the public, I'll definitely make a little outing with the kids and check it out.

nlondondad Wed 13-Mar-13 17:22:49

yes its a lovely site and very large, so the great majority of it is public park. And so available at any time.The school building is at the West end of the site, then there is park with at the East end of the site, by Crouch Hill, a refurbished building (The Cape)which is hoped will have a cafe in it eventually.

nlondondad Tue 23-Apr-13 13:57:32

The cafe is open now; you can get to it from the Parkland Walk as well as from Crouch Hill Park.

alon76 Wed 28-Aug-13 22:47:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nlondondad Fri 29-Nov-13 17:46:37

Just to say that the cafe mentioned earlier in this thread is now open - has been for some time. I was there this afternoon, lots of mothers and small children.

elak Thu 13-Feb-14 14:27:07

Does anyone know the cafe's opening hours please? I can't find any website or online info... Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now