Local Talk

Haringey - site of the week

(5 Posts)
EdMumsnet Mon 01-Jul-13 12:31:59

Haringey is up for our 'Site of the Week' feature series next week on the main Mumsnet site. We'll be asking the Local Editor some questions but we'd also like to canvas your opinions to add some wit and wisdom to the feature, so feel free to provide us with your input for the following things:

Best THING ABOUT THE AREA:

Best CHILD-FRIENDLY CAFÉ:

Best CHILD-FREE NIGHT OUT:

Best OUTSIDE SPACE:

Best HIDDEN GEM:

Best COMMUNITY VENUES:

Best FREE VISITOR ATTRACTIONS:

Best DAY OUT:

Best PLACES TO LIVE:

Best PLACES TO SHOP:

ifonlytherewastime Fri 05-Jul-13 10:12:08

Go Haringey!!

As far a hidden gems go, I rate the Philosophers Garden in Priory Park. It's not so much hidden, but it is a gem. A quite gated area in the corner of the park where you can relax knowing your little ones can't roam far and won't step in anything left by lazy dog walkers.

whosforacuppa Fri 05-Jul-13 10:41:17

Best community venue has to be Burghley Road Community Centre in Wood Green. It's a fabulous place for under 5's. It truly kept me sane. The staff are wonderful, there's loads to do and it's cheap!

local.mumsnet.com/haringey/baby-toddler-groups/715-baby-toddler-group

izzy32 Fri 05-Jul-13 11:42:02

Ally Pally for us is an all round winner. The Sunday Farmers Market is great followed by a picnic on the hill with great views of London. My DS loves walking past the dear enclosure and playing on the big slide in the playground. The food in the cafe is surprisingly good, and the pedalos are fun on a sunny day. And incase you haven't tried it - the sledging is brilliant in winter.

Esse Fri 05-Jul-13 15:54:51

We discovered Queen's Wood Cafe last year when my daughter was invited to a woodland adventure party and absolutely love it! Can't beat it for a fresh home cooked food and yummy homemade cakes (including gluten free polenta!) all very reasonably priced. Excellent fairy woodland adventure parties too. Just magic!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now