Local Talk

Bounds Green/Wood Green borders - good for families?

(3 Posts)
Tashki Sun 28-Jul-13 19:32:35

Hi there, my DH and I have sold our flat in Crouch End and are looking to buy a house. We've seen a gorgeous one in Truro Road (the High Road End) but don't know much about the area - can anyone help? Is it safe and family friendly? Are we in a primary school catchment black hole? (hours of research has given me a huge headache but no firm results). Any help would be hugely appreciated as my brain is fried! Thanks.

Idontcarewhattheweathermansays Tue 30-Jul-13 22:01:54

Hi there,
We made the move from a flat in Muswell Hill to a house in Bounds Green and have been really happy with the move. There's a really nice pocket of roads around us here- Stanley Rd, Highworth Rd, Evesham Rd, that are in the catchment of Bowes Primary- a very highly regarded and Ofsted outstanding primary, and it's only a short walk to a couple of really nice big parks- Arnos park and Broomfield Park. Bounds Green school has also got a very good reputation. Don't get me wrong, central Bounds Green is nothing like Muswell Hill/Crouch End but the 299/102 bus takes you to MH broadway in about 5 mins, and there are so many young professional families moving into the area that it's got the same sort of feel in the residential streets.

maisie1978 Tue 06-Aug-13 09:41:59

We moved there last year and really like it too. Ally Pally is a short walk away and there's a big regeneration project happening there. There are lots of nice local activities, like markets and street parties, and the area feels safe. I don't think it will be as cheap to buy as it is at the moment for much longer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now