Local Talk

Move to harrogate - advice from mums of 3 month and 3 year olds

(5 Posts)
sarahbeth2 Thu 08-Sep-11 19:53:43

Hello, We are wanting to move to Harrogate to move away to a nicer area than the Midlands (heard and have visted and seems lovely)

What is the area like? Plenty to do to meet and make new friends?
Its hard to break away from the friends I have here but dont want my children to grow up here so will make the move.

Thanks!

sarahbeth2 Thu 08-Sep-11 20:37:02

oh and when is the closing date for primary school applications or does it differ? Thanks!

PollyB03 Thu 13-Oct-11 13:28:36

Hi Sarahbeth2
I moved to Harrogate a few years ago (before I had my son, now 2) and it's such a nice, safe environment to raise children in that I'm sure you'll be really happy that you made the move. There are plenty of parent/children groups that you can attend to help you make friends as well. Have you already had a look to see what part you want to move to? Let me know if you need any info and I'll see if I can be of any help :-)

HarrogateMum Wed 19-Oct-11 17:54:26

Hi Sarahbeth2, I have lived in Harrogate since the age of 11 (now a ripe old 39!) and it's so lovely, I would be loathe to leave it! There are ups and downs of every location but it is really a very pretty town and mainly very safe too. I think you would find everybody friendly, my youngest has just gone to school and from memory primary school applications were in by January? When my twins went 2 years previously it was the October so it has changed recently. Worth looking on the North YOrkshire County Council website, that would give you the dates. Hope this helps!

planetpotty Wed 19-Oct-11 18:07:59

I used to live near Harrogate it's very very nice if you know Cheltenham it's similar.

Not a lot more to offer as only used town centre and went for meals/nights out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now