Local Talk

Villages outside harrogate?

(7 Posts)
sbt2 Sat 17-Sep-11 09:19:34

Hello, looking to make a move up to harrogate but not sure if to go for harrogate itself or a surrounding village. Any recommendations? Would need a good primary school too. Thanks!

sbt2 Tue 20-Sep-11 12:35:48

Anyone? We will come up to visit in the next couple of weeks so would be great help....

AWimbaWay Sat 24-Sep-11 19:16:07

Hi sbt2,

There are lots of nice villages around Harrogate. I live in Pannal which I love. Other villages I would consider are Follifoot, Spofforth, Beckwithshaw, North Rigton and Kirkby Overblow. Hope you find what you're looking for!

knaresboroughlass Thu 29-Sep-11 11:56:29

tell us a bit more about yourself - do you drive? Age of children? Country type? Rich? Poorer? need a shop./pub etc? Churchy? price range-ish?
Then I can advise better smile

sbt2 Tue 04-Oct-11 21:20:38

Hello,

Thanks! Yes i drive, two children age 3 1/2 and 4 months. Price range £240mark so not rich lol. I am a towny i suppose, i like eating out, theatre, cinema, taking kids to clubs and baby classes. Would need a shop!
Not churchy, friendly and easy going - sounds like a dating ad lol

Did go to spofforth and panna; which was nice but couldnt afford much there...

Wetherby any good? Decision decisions!!

HarrogateMum Sun 09-Oct-11 16:24:30

sbt2 - I live in Pannal too but grew up in Bilton which I loved - it's on the other side of Harrogate and has the library (as long as they don't close it!), plenty of local shops etc and two primary schools.

If you are more of a towny have you considered the area round the Dragons in the town centre? We used to live there pre children and loved it, a walk into town, to the cinema, to the train station, to Asda etc! ONly downside was the odd pizza box chucked in your front garden on a Saturday night!

Can't comment on Wetherby, used to work near there but never lived there!

HugeBowlofChips Wed 15-Feb-12 19:52:15

We live west of Harrogate in Birstwith. We moved here in the summer after only living in city centres. I wouldn't go back to a city now. The countryside is so beautiful and quiet (in a good way). It only takes us 10 minutes to get into the centre of Harrogate anyway. I feel like we've got the best of both worlds.

Wetherby is a proper town, not a village. Nice though.

PM me if you want to chat more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now