Local Talk

Harrogate Sanctuary. Counselling for Women with drink related problems.

(6 Posts)
sarahRT Thu 26-Jan-12 14:28:07

I am originally from Harrogate, and have been living and working in the South of France for sometime, as a counsellor, mainly for women and children who are affected by alcohol. I am back in Yorkshire for the most part now, and having listened to some of my friends here, come to realise that it is not only in the Mediterranean where wine is flowing uncontrollably!!

If you would like some help, advice or just to discuss any worries you may have about a family member, please get in touch.

I have a new website with my email and phone numbers.
www.harrogate-sanctuary.com/

Sarah.

SarahRT Fri 29-Jun-12 15:32:09

At Harrogate Sanctuary we now are moving forward and have more abilities to support both online and off.

We are offering 16/7 support via text and email. We will also skype with those who are not able to reach us.

With press coverage with our work to be out shortly, we expect the Sanctuary to be busier than ever, and hopefully in the near future will be able to expand our counselling services using a bespoke service into other towns and cities in the UK.

The work has been gruelling but very rewarding when we can see that so many women are feeling well and in control. That was always our aim!

harrogatesanctuary Mon 19-Nov-12 18:47:04

If anyone is struggling with their wine intake as the festive season approaches, we are here to help, there is no judgement, just empathy and support. The network of women we now have means that no-one is ever alone.

harrogatesanctuary Sun 17-Feb-13 12:50:12

Harrogate Sanctuary is featured in the Sunday Times today, along with my friend Lucy Rocca from Soberistas. We are beginning to become a force to be reckoned with, sober is the new black!

harrogatesanctuary Wed 13-Mar-13 13:56:40

My interview with BBC Radio York last week.

http://audioboo.fm/boos/1248145-bbc-radio-york-is-enough-done-to-help-women-with-alcohol-problems#t=0m0s

Sarah

harrogatesanctuary Tue 30-Apr-13 10:35:41

Our work is now featured at the amazing site www.Soberistas.com. Lucy Rocca, the Founder of Soberistas will be featured in Red magazine tomorrow. Well done Lucy.x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now