Local Talk

Cold Bath Road area?

(2 Posts)
orangeberries Mon 29-Oct-12 12:12:10

Hi,
I have a good friend whose husband might have to relocate to Harrogate and she is looking at houses in the Cold Bath Road area, one of them is St Mark's view just off that road. She has primary school aged children and wanted to know whether it would be a good area to relocate before she makes the trip up North to view!!

Obviously she will be looking at schools primary and secondary (her eldest is 9) and so Harrogate Grammar Catchment I think is what she's looking at.

Would appreciate some advice if anyone has some local knowledge! THANKS!!

discparkin Thu 08-Nov-12 22:44:30

Cold Bath Road has a lot going for it - Western Primary School has a very good reputation (I think the catchment area is a bit quirky, so she would need to check that the house is definitely in catchment and not just assume) and I'm sure it would be in catchment for the Grammar School. There's a good range of local shops and it's only about a 5 minute walk from town and the Valley Gardens. On the downside, I think that many houses don't have very big gardens - unless she's managed to find one that does (don't know St. Mark's View).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now