Local Talk

I am looking for tutor for my 4 yr old son in North Harrow

(3 Posts)
velvette Sun 08-Jul-12 20:03:53

Hi, I am new to mumsnet. My son is about to start his reception at Longfield from this september. He is sharp, curious and self starting. He is good in numbers and a quick grabber of things. I would like to arrange some additional basic skills tutoring (like english, reading and maths) just to boost him more and keep him engaged. Does anyone know of any good private tutors whom you can recommend? Any help is much appreciated..

carocaro Mon 09-Jul-12 12:55:25

I would really leave him alone, a tutor at 4 is nuts tbh. Let him start school, settle in and enjoy it, see what his teachers think about him and then you can work in tandem with them about extra work, if at all necessary, which with reading and bits of homework won't be. Plus he will be tired after a day a school and coming home to a tutor would be a very bad idea & more likely to turn him off learning. There is plenty you can do over the summer with words and numbers etc.

velvette Thu 12-Jul-12 11:09:58

Well, thanks.I am trying to be cautious here and fully understand what you say. Probably, you are right. The best thing to do is to leave him alone and await teacher's feedback on his academics.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now