Local Talk

Advice on Roselands area

(5 Posts)
Lottiegal Fri 03-Jun-11 22:59:13

Hi there, not sure if anyone is still hanging around this forum for some advice. We are currently looking at houses around Eastbourne and love the old Town/upperton areas but can't quite get the size of house we'd like on our budget. We have been considering Roselands as there are many large 30's houses there for a reasonable price. Just wanted to know what you thought of this area, does it have a community feel? I'm quite arty and have lived in London and near Tunbridge Wells so would like to meet similar people and not sure if those types would only stick to the Old Town areas? Also the primary Roselands has just achieved 'outstanding' status but I too would like to know a bit more about Stafford which is the Junior school it feeds. Any help gratefully received! Jo

threefeethighandrising Sat 15-Oct-11 15:27:49

I know it's an old thread but I'm interested in the same thing too! (It's possible we might move there before DS goes to school).

Lottigal how's the househunt, did you find somewhere?

Lottiegal Tue 25-Oct-11 13:56:21

Hi Threefeethigh...yes we are buying a place at the end of Whitley Road, opposite the park. We are trying to get my son into Roselands infant school next September. I have looked at most of the schools in the area, this one is my favourite, but they are all good in my opinion. I've come round to the area now, I was dead set on the Old Town for a while but there is simply hardly any houses on the market. I'm loving the fact we will be just 5 mins from the sea and in walking distance of town. There is a big project planned for the centre of town, perhaps a pedestrianised area with continental style coffee shops and small boutique shops. If this goes ahead it will bring the area near Seaside up a bit. I'm hoping for some restaurant near the old fishing huts, that would be good!

I've yet to find a really good nursery in the close vicinity Little Poohs is good, but full unfortunately!

Where are you moving from? I'd love to make some new friends in the area when we finally move just before Christmas. Jo

threefeethighandrising Sun 30-Oct-11 22:06:18

Hi Lottiegal. We're actually already in Eastbourne (near Eastbourne station). We moved here from London a year ago (DP's from Edinburgh).

Let us know when you're in town, I'd definitely be up for meeting up! I've met some lovely mums here (through mumsnet and (shh don't tell! grin) netmums) who I could introduce you to too.

I don't know anything about nurseries near you, but in case it helps - our CM is brilliant, and not far at all from you. She's lovely and very experienced indeed (she used to be a teacher). Here's her profile on childcare.co.uk www.childcare.co.uk/profile/Belindas-busy-bees/. Also as she works with another CM, they're able to be really flexible (she's never said no to our requests for extra days at short notice for example).

If you want to contact her you're welcome to PM me for her number if you like (rather than spending money signing up to the site)

SmileBecauseItHappened Tue 21-May-13 14:51:32

Hey TFHAR,

I've just PM'd you as I'd love to speak to your CM!

Thanks in advance.

SBIH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now