Local Talk

Advice needed on good areas and primary schools in Bexhill-on-Sea

(3 Posts)
teamhogg Mon 19-Mar-12 13:16:39

Hi there
MY DH starts work in Bexhill in September and we are trying to get a head start on working out which areas are best taking into account good primary schools for our daughter who will start school next year. Does anyone have any advice on this?

Cheers

Hello, bexhill is split in to several areas
Cooden - expensive, big houses, not much else
Little common - nice area, little village of shops, good school, more expensive
Pebsham - big estate, play parks, shop, variety of families and older people, good school
Sidley - roughest area, cheap houses, some shops/ take always, avoid if you can, several schools none that good

The best schools are probably little common, Pebsham, chantry
Religious schools - st Peter and Paul's and st Mary magdalenes both ok, st p&p probably better
The problems start when you get to secondary school where there is zero choice unless you are catholic.
Hope that helps, let me know if you have any more questions and I'm always looking for a wine drinking companion when you do move down grin

EH1903 Fri 31-Jan-14 14:26:54

Hi there

I know this is an old thread but wondered if you'd made the move and if so what you think of the schools in Bexhill. We're hoping to move to Bexhill in June (house purchase permitting) and our DS is due to start primary school next year (so we'll be applying at the end of this year).

I've heard good things about Little Common but their Ofsted rating is requires improvement which is worrying.

Would be really grateful for anyone's advice/suggestions on primary schools in Bexhill (the house we're in the process of buying is in Collington, btw).

Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now