Local Talk

Where should we move to?!

(4 Posts)
hanban73 Thu 08-Dec-11 20:23:33

Hiya

We're looking to relocate from London to Herefordshire next year and at the moment are abit clueless where to look at!

I've got 2 girls, nearly 3 and 8 months so want to be close to a good school and ore-school, parks etc and good playground and activities etc.

Can anyone point me in the right direction (s)!

Thanks
smile

Jellybellydancer Fri 30-Dec-11 15:35:16

I also moved from London to Hereford a few years back. Are you looking for country or town?

hanban73 Tue 01-May-12 07:23:14

Oops sorry for the long delay!

We're looking for small town / large village. Basically want to be able to walk to schools and other local things for the girls but want to be able t have countryside on doorstep also.

Went to view a few properties and are keen on Ross, Bromyard and Ledbury though as my husband is still to find work (looking at either Birmingahm, Cheltenham, Cardiff or Bristol) but this will only be for a couple of years anyway as he intends to work from home eventually.

Any help would be appreciated!

smile

tisonlymoi Sun 13-May-12 23:23:39

I moved here a few years ago to a small village which I now find is far too small. With hindsight and more local knowledge I would have chosen Fownhope - good schools, a shop and butchers shop and a medical centre, as well as a leisure centre and two pubs, one of which is an excellent food pub. I feel somewhat isolated where I am so I would suggest you look at somewhere that has a village feel but is not too small. Ross is too big and I am not too keen on Ledbury as its full of retirees. You will find Herefordshire a shock - after 10 years I am only waiting for my son to start University so that I can return to London / South East. I miss the restuaurants, the galleries, museums, cafes, basically the choices that I can make and the range of things that I used to be able to do. Be careful before you make such a drastic move. Cheltenham might be a nice alternative / compromise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now