Local Talk

Hi!

(10 Posts)
KatiOH Sat 26-Nov-11 18:28:51

Hi, I'm quite new to mumsnet and I've only been in Watford a year, I still don't really know anybody here so I think its about time I started to make an effort blush
So Hi everyone! I'm Kati I am a SAHM I live in the woodside area and I have a 2yo DS. I am a bit of a gym junkie and also a bit of a baking junkie!

Wigeon Sat 26-Nov-11 18:30:51

Hello! Welcome to mumsnet smile. Have lived in Watford almost two years. Have you been to any groups / activities etc? What do you get up to with your DS?

KatiOH Thu 08-Dec-11 22:22:19

hi! sorry its taken me so long to reply... forgot my password! I mainly stay at home or go to the park with DS I've found the toddler groups a little unwelcoming around here tbh. I take him to a soft play thing once a week and Im going to try out Gambado soon. Is there anything Im missing out on?

Jodie68669 Tue 10-Jan-12 16:29:28

hi im Jodie, i live in south oxhey/ watford. i moved here in april last year. would like to get to know other mums. i have a 2 n half year old. gambado is a great place to go with toddlers they always have so much fun there. unfortunately i dont really know any other place to go?

Jodie68669 Tue 10-Jan-12 16:31:53

p.s i prob sound a bit dumb here but i keep seeing D.S everywhere? what oes this stand for? x

Tiredmumno1 Wed 18-Jan-12 13:22:27

Jodie ds means dearest son

reay2010 Thu 01-Mar-12 10:19:35

Hi, i live in the Northwood area. I have lived here for over 2 years due to husbands job. I have a 2 year old girl. smile A great place to go is Parents Paradise (quite close to The Harlequin). I've been to quite a few baby groups and found i dont fit in, mainly because of how rude some people are.

Ambrosius Sat 03-Mar-12 12:35:06

Thanks reay I haven't been there, how much does it cost?
I still haven't been to Gambado despite paying the joining fee blush its very expensive. We're doing lots of activities at the leisure centre now as the mini membership is very good value. smile

reay2010 Wed 21-Mar-12 09:17:58

Ambrosius - so sorry for the very late reply didn't check that anything had been written. so apologies. Parent paradise is around £5 for 1 child. The food and drinks are quite pricey i think, but they don't allow you to take in your own food or drinks which is a downside, the only rule they have is you have to wear socks - if you havent got any on you then they do sell you a pair of white ankle socks for a pound (i have to admit they are so nice and soft their socks) but it's a brilliant place to kill a few hours.

Shivon Wed 18-Apr-12 15:20:22

Hi, I am a two year and we are in Bushey (not far from you Jodie), if anyone would like to meet, we go to Parents Paridise, funworld and lots of parks. XX

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now