Local Talk

Primary schools ware or Hertford

(5 Posts)
britflick Wed 01-Feb-12 13:49:05

Would anyone recommend certain primary schools in Ware or Hertford? We are considering a move from North London. Thanks

kkey21 Fri 03-Feb-12 10:32:59

I would recommend really doing your research as although we have many schools here that are fantastic they are very over subscribed. We moved to Hertford before having our children and when it came to allocation of schools we didn't get any of our choices and were allocated a school in another town altogether that was a 'failing' school. This was depite us being just 800m from our first choice. I have heard that some schools here in Hertford have children even 400m from them that miss out.
We were very lucky in the end we did get a lovely village school, 2 miles from our house which is fantastic although the downside is it is too far to walk.
I would honestly say we have some great schools but you do literally need to live on top of them.
Both lovely towns to live in though so would highly recommend.

chopchopquick Fri 03-Feb-12 21:11:39

www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/Education-and-Training/News/Hertford-children-forced-to-walk-an-hour-to-school-01022012.htm

You might find this an interesting article. Hertford is a nice town but there is definitely a problem with school places.

kkey21 Sat 04-Feb-12 20:03:07

When i read that, my first thought was they were lucky to have been allocated a school in the town that they live in because we were not despite there being at least 10 schools in Hertford and surrounding villages coming under Hertford. But that aside, in my day you went to your local school and you knew all the children in your neighbourhood as a result of that. In my road alone where i live (just 17 houses) between the children they go to 4 different primary schools thanks to the allocations, not including nurseries.

Katiebeau Fri 12-Oct-12 13:23:01

When we moved to our village outside Ware the two local schools had room every year. Not so nowsad. In fact last year it was do bad hardly anyone without an older sibling got in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now