Local Talk

Hairdresser

(11 Posts)
GreatGooglyMoogly Wed 21-Mar-12 09:21:58

I am in despair over my hair and need a new hairdresser! It is naturally wavy, dense, dry and flyaway and there is a lot of a grey in it. I need someone who can help me with an ultra low-maintenance style and colour that will leave it in lovely shiny condition! Most hairdressers get carried away and do things to it that I have no hope of maintaining myself. TIA.

chuckeyegg Thu 22-Mar-12 13:09:32

Your hair sounds very similar to mine, I have found a great hairdresser she runs the salon and she is good with my unruly hair. It's a small and quiet salon which I like.

here

GreatGooglyMoogly Mon 26-Mar-12 09:19:06

Thank chuckeyegg - you're not the blonde bombshell on their home page are you? grin. Which stylist do you have, and what do you have done?

chuckeyegg Fri 30-Mar-12 07:27:02

I am so bad I don't know her name, she runs it and is in there on her own during the week. I will try and find out!

GreatGooglyMoogly Tue 03-Apr-12 09:38:12

That would be great, thanks smile.

chuckeyegg Wed 02-May-12 15:51:10

Tracy sorry it took so long.

GreatGooglyMoogly Thu 03-May-12 07:20:47

Ooh, great, thanks. What do you have done, if you don't mind me asking?

SkiBumMum Thu 03-May-12 07:23:20

Can't do links on my phone but Gibson & Powell in Harpenden is fab. Have an Elumen toner - amazing! Shiney, thick hair a month on smile

chuckeyegg Thu 03-May-12 11:33:26

Normally jusy a wash cut and dry but I really need my ever increasing grey covered! She did say if I had it coloured it would be less frizzy.

GreatGooglyMoogly Fri 04-May-12 09:19:48

Less frizzy (and grey) is definitely what I need!

What is an Elumen toner SkiBumMum? I am intrigued! Is it anything like a hot oil treatment? I loved those and was sad when hairdressers stopped doing them. My hair definitely needs shine but not thickness grin.

HalleLouja Fri 04-May-12 10:51:40

The Old Brewhouse in Wheathampstead are fab.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now