Local Talk

New to the area Dad needs advice on parks etc..

(3 Posts)
Billumbo Fri 12-Oct-12 09:26:25

Hello, full time dad of 4 year old girl here.
We've just moved to Wareside (nr Ware) and haven't found a local swings yet.
Any good local activity advice would be helpful too!
Thank you ladies (and gents)
P.s I have started Landscape Dad, hours 9.30-2.30pm whilst she's at school to get me out of the house. My advert is in the directory ;)

Katiebeau Fri 12-Oct-12 13:12:17

Ware town park at the Tesco end of town next to the Priory, Stanstead Abbotts (just off the high street opposite end to the station, Hartem in Hertford near Sainsburys. Lots of choice nearby. I'm sure there are more.

PM me. My hubby is at home with children so we can help with classes etc locally too.

Blueberry216 Sat 13-Oct-12 16:06:33

Hi - good question!

I've often thought how useful it would be if there were a local list of where swing parks are. Lots of them have had money spent on them in last 5 years, but it's only be chance you find / know about them.

1. Anyone know of where you can get a list of parks with swings, and even better, any brief description of what is available at each?

2. Harlow Town Park (behind Paul Simon on Edinburgh Way shopping mall place) has excellent climbing things, plus good range of swings etc. Bit hidden away in a spacious park, but worth the journey. Parking: by Paul SImon shop, or at top of park and walk for 5 mins down to swings (hidden away).

3. Hertford, outside the Hartham Swimming pool. Large sandpit plus swings etc. Nice spot. plus good park with other exercises if I remember rightly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now