Local Talk

Poets Estate/Highbury - Hitchin

(5 Posts)
sparklechops Sun 24-Feb-13 11:24:18

Hi everyone

We are looking to move from London to Hitchin. We came for a look around yesterday and loved the town centre as well as the Highbury area. But for our budget, housing on the Poets Estate is more realistic, plus we need to be close to the station for commuting.

We've seen houses online in the Poets Estate which look lovely inside - but wandering around yesterday we found the area very quiet and maybe a little bit 'soulless'. Please don't take offence by this if you live there, I guess it just seemed very quiet to us, coming from busy London!

I would love some insider info on Poets - is it a good place for families? Safe? Stuff going on?

And how about Highbury? It seemed lovely although pricier. Does anyone live there and love it?

We have a one year old DD so schools are a concern and I know that the ones nearest Poets are the best rated.

Thanks so much - any pointers very much appreciated!

BumpyMum3 Fri 15-Mar-13 14:20:15

Hi, I also replied to your thread about Hitchin on another board (I get lost easily on this website!). Hopefully you'll see it.
Highbury area is lovely, really lovely. Very friendly and good preschools, nurseries and schools. You really can't go wrong with the SG4 9 postcode.

sparklechops Sat 13-Apr-13 19:20:17

Thanks BumpyMum. Really appreciate your help. I've actually sent you a pm about childcare. Hope you don't mind.

BumpyMum3 Tue 16-Apr-13 13:47:05

Hi again, I could be going crazy but I cannot see the private inbox anywhere. I like to think of myself as quite internet savvy but this takes the biscuit! Any clues? Thank you!

BumpyMum3 Tue 16-Apr-13 13:51:04

Found it and I have replied!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now