Local Talk

Thinking of moving to Royston....what's it like?

(3 Posts)
ozzyRed Wed 03-Apr-13 11:00:15

Anyone out there who lives in Royston? We have an eye on a house there and I'd appreciate any insight into what the town like as a place to live?

ozzyRed Wed 03-Apr-13 11:04:15

Should have also asked....it would be helpful to know a bit about things like what are the local schools like, activities to do with babies and child friendly places to visit.

loveisagirlnameddaisy Thu 16-May-13 13:34:09

It's nice enough. I used to live there but moved away when I moved in with partner. Still have a house there which I rent out.

It's got a nice small town feel although the high street is a bit rubbish for shops and typically Tesco has taken over and affected the prosperity of the high street. I think the schools are okay although I've no experience of that. Afraid I'm not much help on the child front as I had my children after I moved away. There are a lot of nice properties there, it's commutable to Cambridge and London (one of my major reasons for living there) and it's pretty peaceful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now