Local Talk

Book Club St Albans??!!!? Please....

(15 Posts)
CCat Wed 10-Apr-13 14:29:53

Hi, I know there have been various listings on this in the past, but just wondered does anyone know of a book club in St A or would anyone like to help start up a new one? What do you reckon?
I'm new to St.A....

CC

Eliza2little Thu 18-Apr-13 23:58:03

I'd like to join a book club too. Don't know of any I'm afraid as I too am new to the area. Let me know if you're still interested....

roundwood Mon 22-Apr-13 16:59:11

there's a MN book club with loads of people from St Albans but we actually meet in Harpenden. Helpfullly I can't remember now when the next meeting is and what the book is - have left my diary at home but will check later and report back!

We meet at the Old Cock on the main road in Harpenden, 8pm.

roundwood Mon 22-Apr-13 21:32:12

Hi, just checked and realised it is this Weds! 8pm The Cock, Harpenden - it's on the main road, if you are coming from St Albans you'll see Sainsbury's on the left and The Cock is just past it on the right (just past a little village green with the war memorial). The book we'll be discussing is George Orwell's Homage to Catalonia. You may not have time to finish it before then (!) but do come along anyway, we are a fairly friendly bunch. I'll try to remember to post the next book and date on here afterwards.

Btw, if Orwell isn't your thing, don't worry, we read all sorts - just have a natter about what we fancy reading next. Last book was Still Alice by Lisa Genova. Before that, the 100 year old man who fell out of a window.

OliviaMumsnetHerts Tue 23-Apr-13 15:23:11

Roundwood have you added the bookclub to the St Albans meet ups here?

Avenues Wed 24-Apr-13 13:08:50

Roundwood, if you are coming fom St Albans Sainsbo's in on your right and the Cock Inn is on your left.

roundwood Sun 28-Apr-13 00:22:35

Good point Avenues, managed to get my left and right mixed up!

HeartyHerts Sun 28-Apr-13 10:15:59

When is the next one - I will order the book and come along.

roundwood Sun 28-Apr-13 12:07:24

Next book is Tom All-Alone, 8pm, the Old Cock, Harpenden, 22 May. See you there!

roundwood Sun 28-Apr-13 12:09:03

(Just been to look at adding it to the meet up board and apparently you have to become an ambassador or some such to add stuff - can someone else who is post it, please?)

OliviaMumsnetHerts Sun 28-Apr-13 12:51:10

Roudnwood I will sort for you

roundwood Sun 28-Apr-13 14:48:21

Thx Olivia

Room for another? Can get to St Albans easily enough.

cherylluzet Wed 29-May-13 12:10:13

I'm a member of a lovely book group in St Albans and we are currently looking for new members. We meet up once a month. You can enquire here: www.bookgroup.info/041205/directory_groupinfo.php?id=594

CCat Thu 06-Jun-13 14:46:26

Thanks sounds great and kind of you to post this. I will send a message to your group.
X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now