Local Talk

Pirton pre-school

(6 Posts)
UpstickstoHitchin Tue 14-May-13 19:20:16

Hi everyone!

I am looking to send my DD to preschool in Hitchin in January and have been a bit stressed by all the long waiting lists already! I've spoken to Pirton and they said they currently have places, obviously the Ofsted report is great and it looks good on the website but wondering if anyone has any first hand knowledge?

I understand it is just out of Hitchin so the other question is how much of a hassle would it be to get to everyday? We are looking to move from SW london to within catchment for William ransom (isn't everyone!), I do drive but am just wondering what morning rush hour traffic is like in hitchin?

hertofdarkness Wed 15-May-13 23:45:40

It would be a significant undertaking to drive out to Pirton for pre-school every day from the William R side of town. Hitchin is very busy in the mornings.

There are other good primaries in Hitchin too. Have you been on a tour of William R, or any other schools?

UpstickstoHitchin Thu 16-May-13 15:08:37

Yes the plan is for my DD to go to William ransom for primary school but I understand they don't have a nursery class and we are looking for somewhere for her to start from January for her 15 hours funding. I have been in contact with lots of nurseries that are more local but everywhere seems to have a long waiting list for January already confused

Lalaletchworth Thu 23-May-13 21:16:23

Have you tried Ickleford, or some of the Letchworth nurseries
Depending on where you are living I would say that would be easier to get to than Pirton. It can be a nightmare to drive through hitching as
Try lordship school nursery
St thomas More had places last year in the nursery (catholic)
They are both letchworth schools on the hitchin side of letchworth.
Maybe even graveley if you are that side of hitchin.

Lalaletchworth Thu 23-May-13 21:17:12

*nightmare to drive through hitchin in the morning as upsticks said

rattlerr Fri 12-Jul-13 22:16:47

Playbox preschool in Hitchin have places available for September. They finish next Wednesday. So contact quick if you want to visit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now