Local Talk

anyone in stortford who can teach me how to crochet?

(6 Posts)
floral14 Wed 15-May-13 09:21:18

I can offer cake in exchange grin

I REALLY want to have some crafting skills, and have been trying to teach myself using online videos, to no avail.

luluminstrel Tue 21-May-13 17:40:09

Hi! Are you free during the day? There's a craft group that meets at South Street Pantry (tea room at the bottom of the town, near Tesco Express) every Tuesday afternoon at 2pm. We have crocheters and have already taught two people successfully!

I need to learn still or I would offer, but come along if you can, everyone is lovely and friendly and you can come and go as you want or need smile We're also on facebook here www.facebook.com/BishopsStortfordCraftClub

floral14 Tue 21-May-13 18:06:31

Ah, that sounds fantastic, but I have a ball and chain with me on Tuesdays (two of them actually)

I might try and come along one time anyway and ask if anyone fancies some evening or weekend crocheting!!

Thank you!

luluminstrel Tue 21-May-13 23:21:40

Hope you can make it one week!

There's also a knitting and crochet group that meets at the Nag's Head pub on the second Monday of the month from 7.30 ish. But it's only once a month so I keep missing it!

And there's a lovely group at Craft Days in Saffron Walden on the second and fourth Thursdays of the month from about 6.30 til 9. I'm going this Thursday and could offer you a lift but you don't know me so might not be comfy with that smile

If summer ever turns up I'll have a Saturday crafting in the garden day day with the club ladies. Will let you know smile

I can knit if you fancy learning that!

floral14 Wed 22-May-13 08:46:54

I've heard about the Craft Days group (my friends nanny goes I think, a french woman? (won't put her name here but that should identify her!)), but can't really be out the house that early yet (DD still needs feeding to sleep...)

I will maybe try the Nag's head, because a monday evening should be feasible without kids. 2nd monday of the month would be the 10th of June, right?

thank you for telling me about these, I wouldn't have known where to look for them!

luluminstrel Wed 22-May-13 09:20:01

I know who you mean - she's great!

Do you know about Ravelry? It's the best community for crocheters and knitters. Get on there and look up Stitch in Bishops Stortford in the groups to find the Nags Head people. It should be the 10th. I'm on Rav too and you can friend me there if you like smile

Www.ravelry.com

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now