Local Talk

moving to St Albans or surrounding area needing some mummy advice really

(1 Post)
greenaster Mon 20-May-13 10:28:26

Hi my name is Ash and I have a lo of a very active but very shy ten month old boy I am a stay at home mum who partner works in the games industry who commutes into London daily. Currently we are looking to move to the St Albans area as my partner is travelling for at least three hour a day from our home in Farnham which is a lot. We have no family in the locality therefore I have the lo 24/7 yet I would not change it for the world because I love being a mummy.

So here's the thing I have a bunch of questions and was hoping some of you lovely mummies would be able to help me with.

Does anyone have any views or opinions on the area in general?
What are good residential areas to rent in? (We would not be looking to buy until we really get to know the area.)
What is the area like for families?
Are there regular family friendly events in the area?
What are the babies groups like? Which are good for mummies who want to meet other mummies :0) I would love to be able to meet up with other mummies for coffee and play dates
Does anyone know of a good child minder that would be happy to do an odd evening to let me and my partner have a meal out?

Even if someone answers just one question it would be a help, we plan to visit a few times just to try and get a proper feel for the place as we both feel it is important to get this move right as we really want Jack to settle in and make some friends to.

Thank you lovely mummies for reading and feedback is most welcome xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now