Local Talk

Hertfordshire General Chat

(8 Posts)

Figured it'd be good to have a thread where we could just chat about anything and get to know each other?

OliviaMumsnetHerts Mon 10-Jun-13 12:54:57

Good idea MoG
I have 2 DSes (5 and 2) and work p/t for a website (!)
Love living where I do

I wonder which website you work for... grin

How long have you lived in Herts?

I have one DS (15mo) and am currently off work because of health issues. But used to do retail/data entry/web design/graphic design - I was a busy girl!

Lateherts Tue 11-Jun-13 07:32:45

Hi, Herts born and bred, 2 Teenage DD.

About to take a six month sabbatical after working for 25 years

Have you got anything planned for your sabbatical?

Lateherts Tue 11-Jun-13 21:08:56

6 weeks of relaxation and some travel with DDs first.

Lateherts Tue 11-Jun-13 21:16:07

Sorry posted too soon.

Then when they go back to school I will be spring cleaning and de-junking the house from top to bottom. This will be the first time since we moved in 15 years ago.

Went in the loft yesterday for the first time in ages and was shocked at the number of suitcases and travel bags we own. DP allegedly cleared it out a year ago, but it still looks full to me.

Once this is done I will be looking for a new challenge, possibly some short college courses, getting my CV up to date and spending time with my extended family. Plus experiencing life as a SAHM for the first time, although I am not slightly daunted by the prospect of being responsible for all the washing, ironing, cleaning and cooking.

CallieC Tue 18-Jun-13 19:58:16

Hey, lived here about 9 months now. Have a baby boy (20 weeks) and a 11yr old boy and a 13yr old girl.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now