Local Talk

Book club in Hertford or Ware?

(8 Posts)
2kids1pairofhands Tue 24-Sep-13 19:01:24

Just wondering if anyone knew of one or wanted to start one? I keep waiting to read more/any books and need some motivation!

Plus I imagine there being a glass or two of wine involved...

Momormum4 Wed 30-Oct-13 18:23:35

Hi there, I'm moving to the area in January and would definitely be interested (especially in the wine part). I'm in a book club now with a few neighbours and its finally made me find them to read again ( sometimes)! We are moving to Hertford. Let me know if you're still keen and maybe we can touch base then.

Ssssssshhplease Thu 14-Nov-13 23:58:30

Hi there, Momo, it's me again - 2kids - I forgot my login details so started again. Really glad to hear you might be interested in a book club. I had forgotten about this post as no-one replied ... Sob.

Anyway, hope the move goes well and welcome to Hertfordshire in the New Year. Get in touch when you're settled and we can start our small - 'select' sounds better - book club.

horokania Wed 04-Dec-13 15:05:16

Hi I'm moving to Hertford in January too and am keen to join your book club once it gets going! I am also a fan of the wine part :-)

deecy Tue 25-Feb-14 17:11:42

Is there a book club set up now? I know somewhere that does great coffee and cakes that we could meet up in.

Ssssssshhplease Fri 07-Mar-14 23:06:18

Hello there, the book club never really got started. Is anyone interested??

ALCD Sat 15-Mar-14 08:17:58

Hi, the book group I run which meets in Hertford is looking for new members so you would be very welcome to come along.

We meet the first Thursday of every month at 8pm in a local pub in Hertford. Members are mainly in their 20s/30s but everyone is welcome. We read fiction but are open to new suggestions!

Do email me at hertsbookgroup@gmail.com if you would like more details.

Momormum4 Tue 25-Mar-14 11:58:25

Hi Ladies, Sorry I just saw the recent posts. I've messaged ALCD for details. Hope to meet all of you soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now