Local Talk

Moving to Hertford

(3 Posts)
Momormum4 Sun 06-Oct-13 18:28:03

Hello Mums, my family is moving to Hertford soon knowing relatively little about the area. Sorry for a vague post but I'd love to here from anyone with young children on how child friendly the town is and if they are happy with local facilities and schools? My children are 1 and 3 and we hope to move to the Bengeo neighbourhood. Many thanks for your time.

Ssssssshhplease Wed 09-Oct-13 19:41:23

Hi there

I live just outside Hertford and have two little ones about the same age and can definitely vouch for its child-friendliness. It's full of buggies and mums and has plenty of facilities for kids and lots of classes, groups, etc. Bengeo is probably the nicest part of Hertford - though you're up the hill from the centre of town so a bit of exercise there! Bengeo school is supposed to be very good - though oversubscribed as many in Hertford are. There are also several good nurseries on that side of town if you need other child care. It's a very friendly place and we're happy to be in the area - it's not London, but it works well for young families. PM me if you want to know anything else.

Momormum4 Wed 30-Oct-13 18:27:10

Thank you for your reply and sorry to have just seen your message now. I may take you up on your offer for advice soon, and will send a pm. Great to hear that you enjoy living near Hertford!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now