Harpenden Primary Schools

(3 Posts)
sniffydog Tue 08-Oct-13 13:55:32

Hello mumsnetters. Long time lurker, first time poster here so be gentle!

We're looking at moving to Harpenden with our 2 girls (6 & 4) and boy (12 months) and are pondering the primary school situation...

Firstly, does anybody have any insights into the main schools. I've done lots of reading and get the broad gist between Roundwood, Crabtree, The Grove, Manland & High Beeches etc and The Lea and Saucey Wood. I guess we wanted to get an understanding of the differences between the first group. Are there any big differences in school cultures or the type of families there?

Secondly, as we're moving from London we will be in the tricky situation of trying to do it 'in year' either between terms or years. The council have been helpful with the basic information but does anyone have any experience with making the move and getting kid/s into one of the local schools?

Any local insights greatly appreciated. It's a daunting move for us.

HeartyHerts Fri 11-Oct-13 12:33:48

I live in Wheathampstead but have heard good things about all the primary schools in Harpenden. That includes SW and The Lea.

You are best going to visit them and see what you think. I prefer more of a "social mix" and not too snobby but everyone is different.

NigellaTufnel Mon 14-Oct-13 22:19:11

To be fair, schools are so packed here, you may have to be happy with what you get. But they are all good.

If you give a specific one, I'm sure people will give advice.

Where roughly are you looking to move to?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now