Commuting from Hitchin to London

(2 Posts)
Claudia1234 Thu 21-Aug-14 11:57:42

Hello

My husband and I are moving to Hitchin in the autumn. Both of us will have to commute into London everyday for work. I would appreciate any advice on what trains is best to avoid or when it is more likely to get a seat, both from and to Hitchin. Currently I work 9:30-5:30 but I am considering changing my working schedule around the commute. Many thanks in advance!

C

Thurlow Thu 21-Aug-14 12:05:55

The 8.22, which is slightly slower, gets in to Kings Cross at about 8.56, and you can always get a seat on this one. The 8.34 is a bit quicker, getting in at just after 9, but is a shorter train and you'll get a seat about 80% of the time. I've heard the earlier trains can be really busy. There's also a fast train about 8.50ish, but I don't know how busy that one gets.

Coming home, the 5.40 and 6.10 are the popular trains (there are trains at 5.23 and 5.53 but I think they are really quite slow and get in after the trains 15 minutes later) but they always run long 12 carriage trains and almost everyone gets a seat, especially if you get there around half past.

Overall the trains aren't too bad, at least not compared to how rammed London suburban trains get.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now