Childcare for baby in Harpenden

(5 Posts)
Curlycurlywurly Wed 27-Apr-16 12:16:27

Hi there,

We are moving to Harpenden soon hopefully (we're about to exchange contracts) and our move is helpfully coinciding with my return to work, 4 days a week.

I've looked at Playschool, Busy Bees (Leyton Rd), Little Stars and Asquith nurseries and really liked Busy Bees. But I have only seen one childminder, who was actually in Wheathampsted.. noone else has got back to me. I've read theres a real shortage of childminders in the area.

Does anyone in harpenden use a childminder? or have their baby at Busy Bees and like it? I feel like a fish out of water and everything is happening at once.

HertsPoppet Wed 27-Apr-16 16:44:27

Try to join the local parents group on FB (Harpenden Parents Network). There are many parents there and will have experience with childminders as well as nurseries.

Curlycurlywurly Wed 27-Apr-16 18:23:51

Thanks very much, I will do.

HertsPoppet Wed 27-Apr-16 20:45:48

You might want to contact the admin there and explain your situation (that you are about to move etc) ) so your request to join could be approved a bit faster. (Otherwise it could take a while)
Good luck!

Curlycurlywurly Wed 27-Apr-16 21:46:44

Thank you, fingers crossed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now